Planning a nursery isn’t the same as decorating any other room. In order to create an environment that is both soothing and stimulating for your new baby, you will need to do a little research and bear the following tips in mind.
• Choose soft, neutral colours for the walls, but add flashes of stimulating colour in artwork, wall stickers, and other decorative features
• Soften the look of wooden cribs and other hard nursery furniture with cosy rugs, throws, cushions and other fabrics
• Don’t forget to add some decoration to the ceiling. After all, this is where your baby will be looking most of the time
• Use wall art stickers of animals, flowers, patterns or other designs to decorate the walls. These are generally removable, so you can change them when your baby gets a bit older
• Use plenty of soft patterns – floral and paisley prints tend to be very popular
• Don’t forget about storage. You will need lots of space for nappies, powder, toys and all the other million and one things babies need
• Choose furniture that will last, or you could end up replacing it later on.