With April Fools’ Day getting closer, we’ve put together some great ideas to keep your family and friends laughing all day long. As this year’s wacky holiday falls on a bank holiday Monday, you’ll have plenty of time to perform some practical jokes on all your friends.
Often referred to as “All Fools’ Day”, there are many different explanations as to where the light-hearted celebration originated from. Some believe it’s about the turn of the seasons, whilst others have stated it comes from the adoption of a new calendar (ancient cultures celebrated New Year’s Day on April 1st). Adored across the globe, it’s the perfect day for showing off your silly side and playing harmless pranks and jokes with family and friends.
One of the greatest hoaxes of all time was performed by the BBC on April 1st 1957. The television network reported on its popular news programme Panorama that Switzerland was having a bumper spaghetti harvest due to good weather and the elimination of the dreaded “spaghetti weevil”. They even included staged video footage showing peasants plucking pasta from trees!
Whether you’re spending the day with family or friends, we’ve put together a few wacky joke ideas suitable for all ages.
- Mouse Malfunction: For those who can’t tear themselves away from their computer (even on a bank holiday). Stick half a post-it note over the tracking ball on the reverse side of the mouse and watch as they try and figure out why it isn’t working! Don’t forget to write ‘April Fools’ on your note.
- Bad Parking: Print out a fake parking ticket and stick it to an unsuspecting loved one’s vehicle.
- Sweet and Sour: Switch the sugar and salt around to make their morning tea or coffee that little more interesting.
- Leaky Cup: Hosting a barbeque or party? Put pin holes in some of your plastic cups and watch as a victim gets drink all over them (make sure it’s a liquid which doesn’t stain).
- Clueless Coin: Stick a pound coin to your kitchen floor and watch as family members desperately try and pick it up.
- Black Eyes: Use make-up to put two dark circles on a pair on binoculars. Ask your victim to look at something in the distance and see how long it takes for them to notice their two black eyes.
Say it With a Wall Sticker
With our fun wall stickers you can brighten up your home and surprise family and friends in a much nicer way.
Give your kitchen floor a funky feel with our footprint stickers or ensure your nearest and dearest leave the house feeling good with our variety of “keep calm” stickers.
Make guests jump with a cheeky mouse or keep the kids giggling with our quirky bog monster.
Our decals can be placed on any smooth or flat surface to spruce up a blank wall, floor, door or plain appliance. Give our friendly team a call today for more information or help with your order.